SAVE THE DATE: Public Art, Cultural Well-Being and the National Planning Policy Framework Events
Date uploaded: July 11, 2012
SAVE THE DATE: Public Art, Cultural Well-Being and the National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF) events.
ixia is organising three briefing events on how the provision of public art will be influenced by the prominent inclusion of cultural well-being within the NPPF. The events will be led by the planning barrister, Ian Dove QC of No5 Chambers, and the cultural commentator, John Holden.
The topics covered will include:
- the purpose and status of the NPPF and how it relates to the planning system at a local level, including the Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL);
- the relationship between cultural well-being and public art;
- the justification and inclusion of cultural well-being and public art within local planning documents.
The briefing events are for arts officers, public art officers, planners, artists, curators, developers and arts funders.
The dates and locations of the events are:
- 22nd October 2012 - London;
- 5th November 2012 - Birmingham;
- 12th November 2012 - Sheffield.
Booking details and further information will be announced shortly.